Following are some Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the other country generally must first obtain a visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship. Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to other country without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. The purpose of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under immigration law of that country. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying. When you apply at a embassy or consulate, a consular officer will determine based on laws, whether you are eligible to receive a visa, and if so, which visa category is appropriate.
As soon as you receive your Visa, check to make sure information printed on the visa is correct. If any of the information on your visa does not match the information in your passport or is incorrect, please contact the nonimmigrant visa section at the embassy or consulate that issued your visa.
Most travelers need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization to fly to, or transit through, a Canadian airport. What you need depends on: 
  • the type of travel document you will travel with
  • the country that issued your travel document
  •  your nationality
  • How you will travel to Canada. 
If you do not have the proper documents, such as an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or visa, you may be delayed or prevented from boarding your flight to Canada. 
If you are terminated for any reason you have a 60-day grace period to find a new job, then you have to complete the paperwork reflecting the change. If you quit, there is no grace period and your H-1B visa will come to an end. 
If you are terminated for any reason you have a 60-day grace period to find a new job, then you have to complete the paperwork reflecting the change. If you quit, there is no grace period and your H-1B visa will come to an end. 
People who overstay a tourist visa are considered to have overstayed their status. They begin to accrue unlawful presence after their status expires. A variety of options are available to these individuals; however it is dependent on a number of factors such as how long that person has been unlawfully present in that country, what country they are from, any harm they experienced in their country, etc.
On November 28, 2008, the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, provided assurances that new federal skilled worker applications should receive a selection decision within 6-12 months from submission. This contrasted substantially with applications submitted under the old regime where, depending upon the time of year, the immigration program and the office in question and other factors, the processing time for an application for permanent residence filed under the economic class can vary from between 12 months and 40 months.
Skilled Workers are persons with suitable education, work experience, age and language abilities under one of official languages of that country and who are selected as permanent residents under six selection factors which demonstrate their likelihood to become economically settled in That Country.
The fee that you paid is an application fee. Everyone who applies for a visa anywhere in the world must pay this fee, which covers the cost of processing your application. This fee is non-refundable regardless of whether you are issued a visa or not, since your application was processed to conclusion. As one example, if your application was refused and you choose to reapply for a visa, whether applying at the same embassy or elsewhere, you will be required to pay the visa application.
No. Only your employer can sponsor you.
If your friend or family member requires a TRV to visit Canada, their initial application must be made outside the country, at the visa office responsible for their country or region. You may provide them with a Letter of Invitation, explaining how you will help the person to visit Canada. For example, you may state that you will pay for plane tickets or accommodation. While a Letter of Invitation may help a TRV application, it does not guarantee that the person will receive a visa
A Schengen visa is a short stay visa allowing its holder to circulate in the Schengen area. The Schengen area covers 26 countries ("Schengen States") without border controls between them. These countries are: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.