These Visas are written authorization to work issued by those countries to a person who is not a Citizen or permanent resident of those countries. It is normally valid for specific period of time and for a specific job. The work permit is issued based on the Labour Market opinion and immigration department of those countries through confirmation that the particular job is in high demand in area of that country.
Role of labour market Opinion/immigration department – These authorities helps determine that the employment of the foreign worker is likely to have a positive or a negative impact on the Labour Market in those countries. A confirmation may be required in order for a work permit to be issued. This confirmation process is initiated by the Prospective employer who contact and gets the job offer from these authorities. The form is then filled and submitted back to these authorities who further consider several factors including availability of citizens of that country and the offered wages to the economic benefit to the prospective foreign worker.
Basic Requirements to get a work permit
- a job offer from a employer from those country where you apply.
- a completed all application formalities that you meet the requirements of the Immigration & visa low .
confirmation from the labour market opinion authorities that the
employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job. This
confirmation is called a positive labour market opinion.
- In most cases, it is up to your employer to get that written confirmation.
- Satisfy a visa officer that you will leave that country at the end of your work permit.
- Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family while you are in Canada.
- Respect the law and have no criminal record. (You may have to provide a police clearance certificate)
- Show that you are not a risk to the security of that country Canada.
- Be in good health. (You may have to have a medical examination.)